[rules-users] Listening to changes on facts

jspartan0901 mysoreujval04 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:43:47 EDT 2012

Thanks for a very detailed answer, Davide.

To give a brief overview of the usecase, I am trying to build a state of a
user over a period of time based on the activity he/she performs on our
website. They may click on various pages. I will be writing rules such as
when a user clicks on certain page for 5 times over the period of last 10
days, then a message needs to be sent to a downstream system via jms and the
downstream system can take further action.

On top of it, I would also like to build a state of users in CEP based on
the activity users perform. So that I can write rules to retrieve right
information for the user based on the state information we already collected
which is in drools memory. Ideally I would like to integrate drools working
memory as a high availability cache such as Ehcache. Need to explore more on
that.

But coming back to your suggestion for listening to changes on facts,
"declarative-agenda"(meta-rules) seem to be the right way. Can you please
give more information on it?