[rules-users] Drool rules vs java code, effiency

kina06 reachkn6 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:57:49 EDT 2012

Please don't ignore this question as routine, did google and read posting,
didn't get satisfying answer, hope you guys can help.

I have seen some drool rules in our company, I know drools provide
declarative rules, easy to modify etc etc, but I see it does need some
programming knowledge, so why not put all your rule logic into Java code,
what is drools doing different can't be implemented in Java a separate
package (like your logic package). Except losing flexibility of modify
code/logic in text file I don't  see much benefit.

Please help me understand, whats the major benefit of drools rules that
can't be done in Java with same set of concise code.