[rules-users] Scheduling Application and Optaplanner

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:57:43 EDT 2013

OptaPlanner is POJO based, so there are probably several ways you can go
with it:

1) use a project like jni4net to directly communicate based on those
pojo's. Ask on their mailing lists if such things are possible and how
to do this.

2) Expose OptaPlanner's POJO's as XML in a REST service. This is pretty
straightforward with something like RESTEasy to create the REST service
(see their manual). You can use XStream or JAXB (the latter being the
default in a RESTEasy setting) to map from POJO to XML (the OptaPlanner
examples already do this with XStream). .NET suppose to work well as a
REST client - this seems a common way to bridge java and .NET.

3) One of your suggestions: same as 2) but by calling a java program
from the command line and writing the xml to a file (instead of using REST).