[rules-users] Guvnor assets storinf in DB as well as in Repository directory on file-system

706826 zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Sun Aug 4 06:56:41 EDT 2013

I am facing the issue that, even when external RDBMS is configured in
repository.xml, the "repository" directory is still created in the file
system and its size is increasing. So when external RDBMS is configured then
there shouldn't be anything created/written in FileSystem. All the data
(except for the indexes) should go to the external RDBMS (in my case Oracle
11).
What I assume is that only the indexes get created in the file system, but
this is not correct. I followed the following steps to check this,

1. I have two Guvnor instances (Guvnor A, Guvnor B) pointing to the same
database (db_Oracle11)
2. Start 'Guvnor A' and generate repository.xml for db_oracle11. Also
configure <DataStore> in repository.xml
       i. Persistence managers tested are as follows
          a.
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
          b.
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.OraclePersistenceManager

       ii. <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem">

3. copy paste the generated configs in repository.xml of 'Guvnor A' and
'Guvnor B'.
4. Re-Start 'Guvnor A'. 'Guvnor B' is not started. Only 'Guvnor A' is
started.
5. Create and Import assets in 'Guvnor A' using guvnor web interface. These
should be saved in db_Oracle11.
6. Now start 'Guvnor B'. And check all assets created/imported in 'Guvnor A'
should be visible in 'Guvnor B', as both the Guvnors have the same database.
7. Only packages of 'Guvnor A' are visible in 'Guvnor B'. But assets inside
the packages are not available.

Repository.xml is attached. I have also posted the same in the following
thread.
https://community.jboss.org/thread/230419

repository-primary_server.xml
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4025303/repository-primary_server.xml>