[rules-users] WorkingMemoryListener & Declared Types

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Wed Aug 7 05:27:06 EDT 2013

Add commons beanutils to your project:

		<dependency>
			<groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
			<artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
			<version>1.8.3</version>
		</dependency>

Then all you need is a class with a static method something like this:

    public static String objectDetails(Object o) {
        StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(o.getClass().getSimpleName());

        try {
            @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
            Map<String, Object> objectProperties = BeanUtils.describe(o);
            for (String k : objectProperties.keySet()) {
                sb.append(", " + k + "=\"" + objectProperties.get(k) + "\"");
            }
        } catch (IllegalAccessException e) {
            return "IllegalAccessException attempting to parse object.";
        } catch (InvocationTargetException e) {
            return "InvocationTargetException attempting to parse object.";
        } catch (NoSuchMethodException e) {
            return "NoSuchMethodException attempting to parse object.";
        }

        return sb.toString();
    }