[rules-users] 'modify' and 'update' do not work in rules

mukha mukhadin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 07:04:28 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am using /OptaPlanner/ ver. *6.0.Beta3*.
And I try to call one rule for preparation purposes. I try 3 options:

*1)* By defining additional problem facts /EmployeeAssignment/ for each
employee. Here I am trying to change only its property like this:

/rule "First rule"
        salience 1
    when
        $employeeAssignment : EmployeeAssignment($employee : employee)
        accumulate
        (
            $request : Request(assignedTo == $employee, $points : points),
            $assignedPoints : sum($points)
        )
    then
        $employeeAssignment.setAssignedPoints($assignedPoints.intValue());
        update($employeeAssignment);
end/

That variant compiles well, but did not even start (e.g. when I try
benchmark it stops on "Warming up started" message and did not do anything).

*2)* Same with /modify($employeeAssignment) {...}/

*3)* The last one is with /insertLogical/. I did not use here
/EmployeeAssignment/ as additional problem fatcs, but just use:
/then
        insertLogical(new EmployeeAssignment($employee, $assignedRequests,
$assignedPoints.intValue()));
end/
It works, but with low performance (examples were simplified).

Can you tell me what can be wrong with the 1) and 2) ?
Thank you for your time!