[rules-users] Snapshot of drools engine's state

IK81 ml at kofler.me
Mon Aug 12 05:26:33 EDT 2013

I understand. But in my case the state might change even if i do not
insert new events because I have rules
that fire if I have event A but no event B within X seconds after A.
For that purpose I'll use a timer
that advances the clock and calls the fireAllRules without any
insertion.

Is my assumption right that the engine will behave deterministic when I
replay the events on my
snapshot using an external (pseudo?) clock. I've tested it and from my
observations it seemed to be
deterministic - but I haven't looked at the engine's internals so far.
I plan to persist my events with the timestamps of their occurrence and
the timestamp when I insert them into the engine.
So will I always end up with the same propagation numbers etc.?

Ingo