[rules-users] KIE-WB, Drools-WB Authoring REST api

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Aug 12 13:42:11 EDT 2013

On 12 Aug 2013, at 18:28, Alexander Herwix <alex at herwix.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I really love the new wb-apps, but documentation is really pretty sparse right now, so maybe you guys can help me out :)
>
> Is there any documentation on the authoring REST-Api? I have already asked on the jbpm forum, where they said that there should be one but that it's not documented yet. I have found some repository, group stuff exposed (drools-wb-rest), process-execution (jbpm) but no real asset authoring.

> The reason I need this access, is to use the kie-wb in parallel to my own gui with the kie-wb as admin interface. I know there have been improvements with user-extendable editors via uberfire and GWT but with the level of documentation as it is right now, I can't make that dive now. But with my data already in the wb it should be trivial to port my user-facing gui in the future if the need should arise.
We will not being doing any rest CRUD apis; although there are other rest api's for administration stuff. As this is just git a variety of git apis exist for every platform already. We have however done a java nio2 back port (api copy, with namespace change), vfs that works with GIT remotely. But it is obviously java only.

This should probably suffice any needs you have, for accessing and integrating with content.

> What do you guys think? Is this possible with the upcoming droolsjbpm 6 release? Could anyone provide at least rudimentary documentation of (all) the REST APIs?  It would really help if there would be at least a unified feature list of what to expect in open APIs of the kie-wb (so for jbpm as well as drools).
We don't ned to provide docs for how GIT works, but we will provide docs on the rest apis we do support - just nothing yet. Still working over time on fixing critical bugs.