[rules-users] Timer in decision table from a different column?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 17:42:18 EDT 2013

I have a Drools 5.5 guided decision table (via guvnor).

I am trying to populate both the timer value AND a value on the RHS with a
value from a single column.  For example, I'm trying to produce code that
looks like:

I want to have source like:
rule "rule1"
   timer(*1d*)
when
   $car : Car (name matches "ford")
then
   WorkIssue $wi = new WorkIssue();
   $wi.setTimeout (*1d* );
end

Note that the timer and the setTimeout setter are using the same value.

Anyone have any insight on how/if this can be accomplished via decision
tables (I had it working in my templates)?

Thanks,
-J