[rules-users] CEP accumulate unclear behavior

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:08:40 EST 2013

On 04/12/2013, ters <ters at ukr.net> wrote:
> laune, thanks for explanations.
>
> Could you please provide me with links/examples of how to /write your own
> accumulate function (using the
> init/action/result paradigm) /, and how to use this custom function instead
> of standard one?

rule manacc
when
    Number( $avg: intValue )
    from accumulate( Event( $source: source, $value: value),
                     init( int sum = 0; int count = 0; )
                     action( if( "server1".equals( $source ) ){
                                 sum += $value; count++;
                             } )
                     result( count != 0 ? sum/count : 0 ) )
then
     System.out.println("$events avg value = " + $avg );
end

You could add a
   reverse(   if( "server1".equals( $source ) ){
                                 sum -= $value; count--;
                  })

Cheers
Wolfgang