[rules-users] Guided Rule Template globals

marjan.sterjev sterjevm at mt.net.mk
Wed Dec 4 15:50:02 EST 2013

Hi,
I’m trying to implement Guided Rule Template in KIE WB (Guvnor).

The logic is simple: The Condition shall check range of ages and for action
call a method on a global.

The global is defined in Global Variables artifact.

I can see two problems with the editor:

1.	I can choose the global variable (Call method on ‘global variable’).
However the global is not defined in the Source Code (for example: global
MessageCollection $messages).

2.	The editor for Call method on ‘global variable’ allows to choose only
literal arguments. How about Template Keys? It seems natural to define
Template Keys for conditions and action callbacks as well.

Because of 1) when executing the rules, I have Null Pointer Exception.

In short what should I do in order to insert the global variable declaration
on the top of rules file (in the Guided Rule Template)?