[rules-users] Stateless session commands and ExecutionResults (5.5.0.Final)

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:49:17 EST 2013

The mean thing is that the code
   org.drools.command.CommandFactory
uses the generic interface
   org.drools.command.Command<T>
for all commands without specifying the generic parameter with the many
newXyz methods. If it were written well, it would tell you what to
expect from the command execution, since interface
   org.drools.runtime.CommandExecutor
has the generic
   <T> T execute(Command<T> command)

So you dig around in the code and may detect that ksession.execute(
cmd ) with cmd being made by newInsertElements(...) returns a
Collection<FactHandle>. Mighty helpful.

Fixing the Experts would help a little, avoiding utter stupefaction.

Cheers
-W