[rules-users] Insert to non-existing entry point causing NPE in drools server?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 15:41:10 EST 2013

Hmm, whelp, no, nothing empirical.  I think in my head I am combining a few
things I've read.

In the Developers Cookbook (pg130) there is a comment that entry points can
help reduce cross products and can be used to partition memory.  I remember
reading that the entry points are built during compile time, so I read that
to mean that if I have 1000 rules, but only 1 rule with entry point "ep1"
that if I insert a fact to ep1, the engine has already built the structure
to only evaluate that 1 rule.  I thought that was the main reasoning behind
entry points :-/  You are saying that my thinking here is incorrect?

So, in the manual
(http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/6.0.0.Final/drools-docs/html/DroolsComplexEventProcessingChapter.html#d0e9947)
during the banking example for entry points, there is little difference
between having an "ATM Stream" and "Branch Stream" as shown and adding a
"stream" attribute to the WithdrawRequest object and adding the constraint,
stream=="Branch"?

Thanks again

laune wrote