[rules-users] Drools and StatefulKnowledgeSession performance

Peter Troelsen peter.j.troelsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 05:14:58 EST 2013

Hi,

I have implemented a small amount (around a 100) rules. Then I made some
performance tests for my implementation to see how fast my implementation
is. However I have noticed a tends whenever running tests for a long time.
It seems that every time i insert an object, validate it, and then remove
it from the ksession using .retract(t), the following  insertion gets
slower and slower. This doesn't really show in the beginning, but after the
first couple of million objects, i really starts to escalate..

Have anyone noticed the same kind of thing? I am positive the i retract *all
*my objects after validating, but still, it seems to get slower. Is the any
way to do an extra clean, without retracting the rules or do I simply need
to reinitialize the ksession occasionally?

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Troelsen