[rules-users] kie-wb 6.0.0 tomcat7: Error uploading maven jar that is part of a multi-module maven project

jguenth jguenth at co.pierce.wa.us
Wed Dec 18 17:23:20 EST 2013

Yes, I'm trying to upload the JAR to the kie-wb maven repository via the
kie-wb Artifact Repository page.  Since the kie-ci module is already on the
webapps classpath, I assume there are no other work-arounds to try.

I debugged the MinimalPomParser method below and found the InputStream
passed in was a ByteArrayInputStream with a count of 10038 and it's position
was also 10038; as if it had already been read to end of file. While in
debug, I set the position to zero and let it continue.  Sure enough, it
uploaded succesfully!

    static PomModel parse(String path, InputStream is) {
        MinimalPomParser handler = new MinimalPomParser();
        try {
            SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
            factory.setValidating( false );
            factory.setNamespaceAware( false );

            SAXParser parser = factory.newSAXParser();
            parser.parse( is, handler );
        } catch (Exception e) {
            throw new RuntimeException("Unable to parse File '" + path +
"'", e);
        }

Perhaps something is reading the InputStream before calling the parse method
and not creating a new InputStream to parse.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the error below when I try to add a drools
rule to my project.  It is also failing in the MinimalPomParser because of
the same problem above.

"Unable to complete your request. The following exception occurred:
org.kie.scanner.embedder.MavenEmbedderException: Failed to read artifact
descriptor for org.piercecountywa.linx.core:domain:jar:1.8.0-SNAPSHOT."

Regards,
Jay