[rules-users] rule condition problem in drools 5.5.0 Final

scarlettxu xu_han_zi at 163.com
Fri Dec 27 05:25:25 EST 2013

Hi expert,

expect you can have a look of our problem and give any suggestions

we are using drools 5.2.0 Final now, but we want to change to 5.5.0 Final in
order to use some new features.

while in the testing of 5.5.0 Final version, we find a problem below

we have a simple testing rule as below
rule "single todoitem_31"
	salience 65503
	activation-group "filter"
	when
		$list : List(size==1) from collect(ToDoItemTO() over window : length(2))
		todo:ToDoItemTO(status in ('DELAY'))
	then
		transToDoItems.add($list.get(0));
		logger.debug('rule1, size is '+$list.size()+', '+$list.get(0));
end

when we insert 1 fact into working memory, this rule can be fired. it is
correct
when we insert 2 facts into working memory, this rule cannot be fired. as
the size in sliding window is 2 now. it is correct.
then we test insert 3 facts, while this rule is fired. This is the problem,
currently there should be 2 facts in the sliding window, we can print the
size, the size is indeed 2. but why this rule will be fired?

we test the same case in version 5.2.0 Final, there is no problem.

Anyone know if this is a bug of 5.5.0 Final or we have wrong practice in
writing the condition?