[rules-users] How to track constraint truth [was: Non short circuit ANDing]

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 02:53:05 EST 2013

Hi Wolfgang,
We're more on the same page than it might seem... :)
The new - experimental - syntax was reviewed several times to make sure it
was semantically
equivalent (and thus replaceable) to an appropriate set of rules extending
each other
(see the links I posted previously), which in this case would be exactly the
ones you recommended.

It is just meant to be more compact - possibly facilitating its generation
by builders or templates -
but at the same time it supports a built-in implementation.

It is however more general than this use case, which could use some extra
automation as far as the
management of the evaluations is concerned.
Or, none at all, letting users adopt whatever solution is more appropriate.
You suggested a more general CollectorFact, I used the more granular
Fulfill/Viol...
from a certain perspective they're equivalent, and definitely not the only
option :)
Davide