[rules-users] How to track constraint truth [was: Non short circuit ANDing]

Lance lance.leverich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:32:35 EST 2013

While I am following this discussion with great interest, I am also feeling a
little anxious about what I see here. In the parent thread, I recall that
there was some talk of this functionality being contained in some kind of
adjunct, or "outside the rule engine", application. I get the impression
that what is now being discussed are changes to the rule-language that would
allow this functionality to exist within the primary rule-engine. If I am
mistaken (which I hope I am), please let me know.

My concern about this stems from the fact that I have spent the better part
of two years telling Java developers that this wasn't merely a different
language for them to learn, but is more of a shift in the way that they
think. The direction this discussion seems to be going (again, I hope I am
misreading it), is to back away from the declarative programming approach.