[rules-users] Uploading JAR using REST

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 00:16:25 EST 2013

On 2013/2/7 22:06, rjr201 wrote:
> Since posting this, I've realised that if I go to the Edit tab on the Package
> page and click the green cross on imported types I can see the objects in my
> JAR and import them. The rules can then use them fine. When uploading a JAR
> file by hand there is no need to do this import step.
>
> Do you know of a way programmatically that I can do this?
>
> Restarting doesn't make any difference.
Hi, the reason why you ran into this problem is because REST interface
does not update the package import header when a POJO model jar is
attached through REST (It should. I've created jira
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1995 to track this issue).
As a workaround for the time being, you can either go to Guvnor package
editor to import POJO classes manually or you can try to update the
content of "drools" asset through REST. Every package has a special
asset named "drools", it stores package level header and import info.
The content of this asset is plain-text. The latter approach should
work, thought I have not tried myself yet.

Cheers,
Jervis