[rules-users] Drools Planner: contraint for rest time between shift

fdauffy fdauffy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:24:14 EST 2013

Hello
Thanks for your quick answer.
In fact, I realise that the ShiftDate class doesn't contain directly a date
field, only a dayindex or the date as string.
If I want to use your solution, I guess I will have to implement either a
date or a time field in order to be able to add hours as you suggest.
I continue to work on the subject and I have another question: do you think
I should continue on the way you indicated and do the modification in order
to be able to do some time comparison between shifts, or go in another
direction with the unwanted pattern (I just discover that this afternoon).
If I understand well, with the unwanted pattern, I should be able to avoid
some group of consecutive shifts like late shift followed by early shift..
This solution looks easier to me but less nice (code to update if new
shifts,...).

You really did a great job with Drools Planner!!

Frédéric