[rules-users] Evaluate rules for multiple facts of the same type within a StateuflSession

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Wed Feb 13 04:36:21 EST 2013

Hi,

Just as a small remark: it is not always clear to me why some approaches are
considered cumbersome and others are considered to be fine.

Imagining your example - let me try to clarify.

What is your business rule?

When
 a shopping cart contains a dog and dog food
Then
 apply a reduction of 10% to the cart

Or is it:

When
 a shopping cart contains a dog and a dog food
AND
 no other reductions are applied
Then
 apply a reduction of 10% to the cart

To me, it seems like the latter would be the business rule... Then, why is
there so much obstruction against using the fact that an other reduction
applied as a blocker in other rules?

Regards,
Frank

I would like to apologize in advance if I seem angry or upset in this reply.
I can assure you, I'm not. Let me proof this with a smiley :-D