[rules-users] Query on web services and database stuff

starfish15 pooja.ghosh at accenture.com
Thu Feb 14 02:33:07 EST 2013

Hello All,

I am starting up on a project which requires Drools rules. I have been asked
certain basic Q's. Am jotting them below

1. *Can the Drools Rule engine communicate to a DB *

I know by default, drools does use the *Apache JackRabbit DB* to store
respective assets and there are means to use other DBs as well. Not sure
what else this Q could mean. So would really appreciate if some light can be
thrown on this. What else things which could be achieved through the rules
and DB connection

2. *Can the Drools Rule engine do web service calls to other system*

I am not sure if this can be achieved through Drools. Would appreciate if
some assistance could be provided on this and some working examples as well
if this can actually be achieved.

Regards,
starfish