[rules-users] Evaluate rules for multiple facts of the same type within a StateuflSession

pdario dario.piantanida at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:40:54 EST 2013

laune wrote
>> I have a first level discount if you pay online and a second level
>> discount
>> if you pay online AND buy a special product.
>> So, the second is true only if the first is.
>
> Not *quite* correct: you have 1st level discount if you pay online and
> DO NOT buy a special product.

Well, this is strictly true, but it seems to me it is easier to have a
fallback rules instead of specifying in the first rule all the negated
conditions for more specific rules...
Otherwise, I'll have to add to the first rule "AND boughtProduct does not
contain spcial product A, B, C, D...." and have to maintain this as we
change the special products every month.

What's the best practice for this?