[rules-users] GC Overhead Limit Exceeded and 1B JoinLeftNode Objects

Julian Klein julianklein at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:10:46 EST 2013

Although I did see a drop in initial memory usage, things went south again
as the run continued past the 2-4 hour mark.  I have poured over my source
several times and am starting to loose faith that Drools can provide
anything other than a single threaded rules engine.  Although the engine
itself is fast, it seems it cannot scale from a memory perspective.  I
understand I am not providing much detail or a use case, but perhaps there
are some official best practices documented somewhere on how to scale
Drools?  I cannot get valuable heap dumps because the heaps are enormous.
 I have continuously been told that Drools doesn't perform
by colleagues and was hoping they were wrong.  Any pointers or help is
greatly appreciated.