[rules-users] GC Overhead Limit Exceeded and 1B JoinLeftNode Objects

ismaximum mnrz57 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:17:34 EST 2013

Well, actually we are migrating from 4.x to 5.5, a big jump :)
So far we had a lot of issue with this migration and now this is occurring.

We had no issue with v4 and since we are still working on this migration I
can't say whether the system works properly or not because we need to fix
rules otherwise they don't work at all.

We are using Stateless sessions and we don't have any retracting policy.

This retracting policy you said, made me a bit concerned. Now the question
is where is the right place to do this? I put below code in the event
listener, is that the right place and right way to do it?

	@Override
	public void afterRuleFlowGroupDeactivated(
			org.drools.event.rule.RuleFlowGroupDeactivatedEvent e) {

		Collection<FactHandle> handlers =
e.getKnowledgeRuntime().getFactHandles();
		if(handlers != null) {
			for(FactHandle fh : handlers) {
				e.getKnowledgeRuntime().retract(fh);
			}