[rules-users] Guvnor JBoss 7 Authentication

rjr201 rich.j.riley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:11:29 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm having some problems getting user authentication working with Guvnor on
JBoss AS 7.

I have this in beans.xml:

<security:IdentityImpl>
    <s:modifies/>

<security:authenticatorName>jaasAuthenticator</security:authenticatorName>

  </security:IdentityImpl>

  <security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>
    <s:modifies/>

    <s:jaasConfigName>other</s:jaasConfigName>
  </security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>

  <guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>
    <s:modifies/>

<guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>true</guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>
  </guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>

And I've created the following files on Guvnors class path:

roles.properties:

admin=admin

users.properties

admin=admin

This initially gave me a '401 This user has no permissions setup.' error. So
I followed this post:

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/How-configure-Guvnor-5-4-JAAS-with-jboss-7-0-2-td4020424.html#a4020854

And changed the /SecurityServiceImpl.java file as suggested (not sure if
this was the right thing to do or not, but it got rid of the error). However
now it gives me "incorrect username/password" regardless of what I enter.

Has anyone had any success with this, or can see where I'm going wrong? I
feel like I'm really close but can't work out this last step.

As always, thanks for any help anyone can give.

Rich.