[rules-users] New object in XLS ACTION

aleste moisesventura at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:11:32 EST 2013

I'm trying to create a new object, populate a number of attributes in it and
insert it in memory as part of the ACTION in a decision table XLS.

I was able to do that in a single XLS column:

ACTION
insertLogical( new RuleError(t, Constants.ErrorType.PROMOTION, $1, $2));

Or using the guided decision tables in Guvnor:

FeeDTO [f3]
amount
10
20
(...)

But I have not been able to do it using an XLS and having multiple ACTION
columns. Something like:

ACTION						ACTION
FeeDTO feeDTO = new FeeDTO();
feeDTO.setAmount(new BigDecimal($1));	feeDTO.setReason("$1");

This is the rule that I'd be expecting as result of the XLS compilation:

//from row number: 3
rule "Row 3 FeesTest"
	dialect "mvel"
	when
		f1 : FinancialTransactionDTO( transactionType == TRANSACTION_TYPE.DEPOSIT
)
	then
		FeeDTO f3 = new FeeDTO();
		f3.setAmount( 20 );