[rules-users] Guvnor seems to copy assets across External RDBMS and file system

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 21:55:05 EST 2013

On 2013/1/10 23:30, Yuri wrote:

> I set up SQL Server as the external repository, and left everything
> else in guvnor and jboss AS7 configured pretty much according to defaults.
>
> When I create assets in guvnor, I see that changes are being made in
> the MSSQL db. Despite changes to the db, however, I'm still seeing
> changes to the Repository and Workspace folders. It gets more
> interesting when I truncate the tables in the external guvnor db, and
> restart guvnor, it seems to get all of its assets back from those two
> folders.

If you truncate your external db and you still get all assets back when
your restart Guvnor, then there must be some problems with your
configurations. Guvnor does nothing special as far as the persistent
layer is concerned, you should be able to follow JackRabbit document to
set it up correctly, for example:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Persistenceconfiguration

Cheers,
Jervis