[rules-users] 14GB of NotNodeLeftTuples produced by one rule?

Svenja Brunstein svenja.brunstein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:00:07 EST 2013

> As you can see, I insert 300,000 facts, and there wasn't a problem
> with memory, so I didn't check the node count. Are there any other
> rules in the rule base?

Thanks! We have six other rules in the rule base, but none of them has a
NOT in it. So I hope all tuples belong to that rule, and as I tested
without that specific rule there were no NotNodeLeftTuples.
In the case where the 14GB of tupels were produced our distribution
actually was *not *randomly distributed, but still with a random
distribution we have a lot of NOT node tuples, e.g., 6 million NOT node
tuples for 128*128=16,384 possible nodes.

Indeed, I'd expect the
> NotNodeLeftTuples to have the same order of magnitude.

Can you explain when a NotNodeLeftTuple is created exactly, and when it is
removed/not created? Unfortunately, I did not find any information or
documentation on this. We definitely want to understand in which case so
many tuples are created to be able to avoid this behavior or construct
rules in other ways.