[rules-users] Solution for reasoning over XML?

craigparra craigparra at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 23:55:26 EST 2013

>Interestingly, once pre-compiled I have found Drools is actually faster than
pre-compiled Groovy in the few >examples I have tested.  This kind of
suprised me - a lot actually.   The pre-compilation of Drools is much >more
expensive than Groovy, but the execution is quicker.

On closer inspection, once the session dispose was being called correctly,
drools is somewhat slower than Groovy.  In a small run, not calling dispose
was much faster, but eventually the JVM runs out of heap.  I found it odd
that the dispose was so expensive performance-wise.