[rules-users] not able to access Guvnor repository files when using webdav folders for Guvnor 5.4 deployed on Tomcat 7 and windows 2008 64 bit server

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 21:02:02 EST 2013

On 2013/1/15 2:55, vadlam wrote:
> Jervis,
>
> Thank You for confirming the issue.
>
> The scenario I am having is  as such.
>

> the first time  Guvnor 5.4.0.final in Tomcat 7 is started, I am able to
> connect to both webdav folders and also through a java client using basic
> authentication.
>
> but when I disconnect the web folders  connection after a while, I can no
> longer get access to the packages through the java client or reconnect the
> webdav folders again unless I restart Tomcat.
>

> does this issue seem to be similar or close as what you have created the bug
> for ?
Hi Ram,

I've updated https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1986 with a
how-to-reproduce section. No, what I have observed is different from
yours, webdav can not be connected from the very beginning.  The root
cause of the problem is the authentication info (username/pwd) didnt get
passed into authenticator correctly. I've tested this problem on
Windows,  but your mileage may vary if you are using a different webdav
client. The most crucial thing to check is, it must be a same problem if
you see following exception from the server log:

INFO 15-01 09:49:07,499 (DemoAuthenticator.java:authenticate:54) Demo lo
gin for user (null) failed: unsupported username/credential.
WARN 15-01 09:49:07,499 (AuthorizationHeaderChecker.java:loginByHeader:65)
Unable to authenticate for rest api: null

Cheers,
Jervis