[rules-users] Change Scanner does not start

rtanikella rtanikella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 13:12:06 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have a similar setup as Antonio (guvnor 5.4.0.Final and drools-server
5.4.0.Final on JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final running on the same machine).
Drools-Server is able to get the rules package from guvnor at startup, but I
cannot get the resource change scanner to start.

My knowledge-services.xml  has this entry
<drools:resource-change-scanner id="scanner" interval="5" enabled="true"/>

I used the jsp suggested by Antonio to invoke the change scanner, but
drools-server does not detect any changes.

Hi Antonio,

I named the jsp as start-scanner-service.jsp, and executed it from the
browser - http://localhost:8080/drools-server/start-scanner-service.jsp. Am
I supposed to see something in the log file to indicate that the scanner has
started? There is absolutley no entry or error in the log file when I
execute the jsp.

Thanks,
Ramgopal Tanikella