[rules-users] NullPointerException at org.mvel2.ast.IntSub.getReducedValueAccelerated

Michiel Vermandel mvermand at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 08:10:13 EST 2013

Hi,

I will.
Should I file it again under https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES in component drools-planner ?

Regards,

Michiel

-----------------
http://www.codessentials.com - Your essential software, for free!
Follow us at http://twitter.com/#!/Codessentials

________________________________
 From: Geoffrey De Smet <ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com>
To: Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [rules-users] NullPointerException at org.mvel2.ast.IntSub.getReducedValueAccelerated

The DRL uses mvel under the covers.

Looks like a bug in mvel, possibly in the JIT compilation (which
    could explain the 1 out of 5 runs behaviour).
File an issue in our jira: include the stacktrace, versions of
    drools-core and the mvel jar
and - if possible - the rule to which it applies.

Op 16-01-13 09:59, Michiel Vermandel schreef:

Hi,

>When starting the planning solver I sometimes get the error as listed beneath.
>I think it happens about 1 out of 5 runs.
>It doesn't seem to have much influence on the solving process as everything continues normally (I think).
>I do not use any mvel expressions to my knowledge.
>

>Anyway, it would be nice to understand why this happens and how to get this resolved.
>

>Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at
            org.mvel2.ast.IntSub.getReducedValueAccelerated(IntSub.java:17)
>    at
org.mvel2.compiler.ExecutableAccessor.getValue(ExecutableAccessor.java:38)
>    at
org.mvel2.ast.Substatement.getReducedValueAccelerated(Substatement.java:44)
>    at
org.mvel2.ast.BinaryOperation.getReducedValueAccelerated(BinaryOperation.java:108)
>    at
            org.mvel2.ast.And.getReducedValueAccelerated(And.java:34)
>    at org.mvel2.MVELRuntime.execute(MVELRuntime.java:85)
>    at
org.mvel2.compiler.CompiledExpression.getDirectValue(CompiledExpression.java:123)
>    at
org.mvel2.compiler.CompiledExpression.getValue(CompiledExpression.java:119)
>    at
org.mvel2.compiler.CompiledExpression.getValue(CompiledExpression.java:113)
>    at org.mvel2.MVEL.executeExpression(MVEL.java:930)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConditionEvaluator.evaluate(MvelConditionEvaluator.java:70)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConditionEvaluator.ensureBranchEvaluation(MvelConditionEvaluator.java:117)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConditionEvaluator.ensureCompleteEvaluation(MvelConditionEvaluator.java:102)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConditionEvaluator.ensureCompleteEvaluation(MvelConditionEvaluator.java:90)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConditionEvaluator.getAnalyzedCondition(MvelConditionEvaluator.java:82)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConstraint.executeJitting(MvelConstraint.java:270)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConstraint.access$200(MvelConstraint.java:51)
>    at
org.drools.rule.constraint.MvelConstraint$ConditionJitter.run(MvelConstraint.java:250)
>    at
            java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
            Source)
>    at
            java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
            Source)