[rules-users] Ruleflow not working with stateless session in drools-server 5.5.0.Final

tslonaker tslonaker+drools at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:19:15 EST 2013

I am running drools-server 5.5.0.Final and I am having a problem with
stateless sessions and ruleflows.  Only the first step in the ruleflow
executes.

There is a catch to my problem though.  I have drools-server hosted in JBoss
7.1.  If I restart the service by disabling and then enabling via the admin
console then the ruleflow works correctly (all nodes hit) one time.  So, it
always works just after the service starts.  Each time after the first rule
execution it stops at the first ruleflow node.

I am sending commands to the service in JSON format through the REST
interface.  If I send the same commands in the same order through Java /
eclipse then the ruleflow works correctly every time.

My problem sounds very similar to the problem described in the thread below:
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/RuleFlow-only-calling-first-RuleFlowGroup-when-called-through-drools-server-td2514244.html
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/RuleFlow-only-calling-first-RuleFlowGroup-when-called-through-drools-server-td2514244.html>

It looks like this problem was addressed in version 5.3.0 (
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2718
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2718>  ).