[rules-users] wierd error : illegal bytecode sequence - method not verified

arrehman arrehman73 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 14:33:47 EST 2013

Hi,

I have been using Drools 5.3.0 core successfully in my grails/groovy/java
project. The two dependency that are mentioned in my buildconfig file
(BuildConfig.groovy) is :

        //drools
        runtime 'org.drools:drools-core:5.3.0.Final'
        runtime 'org.drools:drools-compiler:5.3.0.Final'
        runtime 'com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-xjc:2.2.4'

Now I wanted to switch to Drools 5.5.0. What I did is I merely changed the
version number above.
        //drools
        runtime 'org.drools:drools-core:5.5.0.Final'
        runtime 'org.drools:drools-compiler:5.5.0.Final'
        runtime 'com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-xjc:2.2.4'

However the tests that were working before are failing now, with some weird
error. I am guessing this has to do with conflicting jars or missing jars or
whatever and not drools.

=============== DEBUG MESSAGE: illegal bytecode sequence - method not

Jan 17 2013 14:19:57 ERROR business.service.RulesService - Error executing
validation drools rules Exception executing consequence for rule "Sale Price
Not <= 20 " in business.rules: java.lang.NullPointerException
Jan 17 2013 14:19:57 ERROR business.service.AddsService - Error executing
validation drools rules Exception executing consequence

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Arrehman