[rules-users] DSL Enumerations

rjr201 rich.j.riley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:26:30 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm creating a DSL with dropdown boxes that are populated by enumerations. I
have so far had success in making one drop down box dependent on the value
of another dropdown box on the same [when] line:

[when]For every {objectType:ENUM:Object.type} with
{attribute:ENUM:Object.attribute} equal to {value:ENUM:Object.value} =
{objectType}({attribute} == "{value}")

In the above example whatever value is chosen for objectType will dictate
the values in the attribute dropdown which in turn dictates the values in
the Value dropdown.

My question is this: Is it possible to have a dropdown box reliant on the
value of a dropdown box on a /different / line of the rule?

I've tried a few different ways but am having no luck.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.
Rich.