[rules-users] business guided rule editor

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Fri Jan 25 05:04:05 EST 2013

The documentation on enumerations is here:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html_single/#d0e1903

If you look at your package assets, one of the sections is "Enumerations".

Some may be of the form:
	'TradeRequest.account' : ['1=ACME Corporation', '2=Cyberdyne Systems']
Others may be:
	'TradeRequest.account' : (new com.mybank.AccountFinder().accounts())

If your guided editor rules are only based on picking facts out of your model and getting drop-downs for constraints on fields, then the contents of the drop-downs comes from the enumerations.

On the other hand, your guided editor rules may be referring to phrases from a DSL. The DSL could be something like:
	[condition][]Validate trade for account "{account:ENUM:TradeRequest.account}" = $request:TradeRequest(account=="{account}")

Where I have had issues previously with a rule refusing to open is when that rule has a constraint driven by an enumeration as in the first case, or the rule uses a DSL referencing an enumeration like the second case.

I think it may happen if the values returned by the enumeration are not valid for the fact property. It has definitely happened for me when a data-driven enumeration calling into some Java code to get the values is failing to return any values.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas on where to look.

Steve