[rules-users] Why all rule condition fired when insert object in drools session?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Jan 26 13:10:46 EST 2013

On 26 Jan 2013, at 12:37, Zhao Yi <zhaoyi0113 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Your proposal will definitely solve my issue. But from drools point of view,
> only the rule who got focus is allowed to be fired. Why does drools runtime
> check non-focus rule condition? I think this is useless check right?
It's an intrinsic part of the Rete design, which is a general purpose matching algorithm.

We are working on a new algorithm that does not work this way, similar to the Leaps algorithm, it will only evaluate beta constraints for the rule it's trying to execute. Still trying to fix some bugs in the design, before we make it available to people, so stay tuned.

Mark