[rules-users] Custom UI to create rules and inserting them via REST API

benq2188 bengisaglam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:10:15 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I would like to implement an Expert System which I can have my own UI to
generate user defined rules, and I am planning to use REST API to
insert/update/delete the rules,which are in the guvnor repository. Inside
the guvnor, I would like to store my rules in .drl format. So I was
wondering two thing:

- Is that possible to create a brl file in XStream xml format as output of
the UI, and store it in the repository as .drl format?. (I know the
conversion from .brl to .drl is possible by using BRDRLPersistance object.)
If it is possible then which object is the key point to create it from the
"package org.drools.ide.common.client.modeldriven.brl"?

-Another problem, by using REST API I can update and retrieve an asset in
text/plain format, however I could not succeed to insert new asset into
repository by using POST method. So how can I insert a new .drl rule into
repository via REST.

I will appreciate if you have some sample code for any of them and will be
greatful for any help,

Thanks,

Bengi.