[rules-users] Capturing condition/constraint evaluation results

katvik katvik at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:37:49 EST 2013

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for, let's say my rule has several
conditions:

Account is active AND balance is greater or equal than requested amount AND
no pending transactions AND some other checks

The action would be:

allowWithdrawal

This works perfectly, but if action didn't fire I would like to be able to
report which condition(s) cased it to fail, i.e. "balance is greater or
equal than requested amount" == false.

I do understand that I can create a decision table that would have inverted
conditions as single rules, i.e.

Account is inactive -> denyWithdrawal
balance is less than requested amount -> denyWithdrawal
pending transaction -> denyWithdrawal
etc.

But this creates extremely bloated decision table. Does this clarify my
requirements?

Any suggestions how to capture evaluations results?

Thank you.