[rules-users] Is it posibble to keep two date formats in drools like 'dd-MMM-yyyy' and 'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm'

richie haoruiqian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 02:45:51 EST 2013

Hi,

The default date format in drools is 'dd-MMM-yyyy', but in the definition of
rule attribute date-effective, it says it contain a date and time
definition, so if I set date-effective to "30-Jan-2013 08:00", then the time
set in date-effective will be ignored, so I changed the date format to
'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm', now the effective date works correctly, but then we got
problem here, if user input a date like "30-Jan-2013" the drools will failed
to execute, so must force user to input a date like this "30-Jan-2013
00:00", this is not user friendly and the string "00:00" is meaningless.

What I want to know is, if it's possible to keep this two formats both?

Thanks.