[rules-users] Non short circuit ANDing

Grant Rettke grettke at acm.org
Thu Jan 31 10:09:32 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 3:49 AM, Stephen Masters <stephen.masters at me.com> wrote:
> fyi - if you're just learning your way around working memory event listeners
> and the like, here's some example code. It's an extended version of
> something I found in the Drools docs.

Cool. Thanks for the code.

The discussion has got me curious, here is the conclusion that I had
made about rules engines:

1. Start with normal code. Write it in a way that lets you achieve
your goal. Performance is not the primary focus. Work with the
business do agile. Get all the auditing you want because it is just
normal code. Life goes on.
2. Life is good but the performance is too slow. This is where you cut
over to a RETE based rules engine.

Does that sound right?