[rules-users] A design decision to use Guvnor

Radhika Inugala radhika.inugala at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:57:54 EDT 2013

My requirement is as below:

We need to give end users to provide us with some conditions,
One of example rule would be:
They can say something like when the client id is XYZ(could be a complex
condition here) then consider I need to pay taxes in AB,CD states.

As we have different end users, we can have these rules per end user.

And when we get a web service call, based on the end user we need to pull
all these rules and then apply the rules(basically all these rules do a
transformation on the incoming request)

I need to a design for this requirement:
At first I thought I can build a UI and db to save all these rules.
But I realised that it would really take a long time.

I found Guvnor as a web application, with which we can provide a UI and
these rules will be saved in db.
The confusion I have now is:
Can I tweak the Guvnor source code(locally) to make these rules saved per
end user?
Is it doable?

Any suggestions, for the design are welcome.