[rules-users] decision and prediction based on the same set of rules

Sean Su sean.x.su at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 15:49:01 EDT 2013

Our rules will be using "Date" heavily when making decisions. When the LHS
involving dates is evaluated "true", decision will be made.

Meanwhile, from prediction point of view, we want to know when the LHS
would be evaluated to false, with the changes made to the date fields
(forward to the future). Therefore this becomes prediction - what is the
future date that would cause the LHS to be false.

Question to the list:
has anyone explored the possibility of using the same set of rules to
achieve both tasks?

If there is no tools automatically doing this in Drools (I doubt there is),
I am thinking to build a tool to parse the rules and then auto-generate the
prediction rules based on the "decision" rules. Is this the right direction?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

thanks

Sean