[rules-users] Expert Systems and Functional programming?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:03:40 EDT 2013

On 11 March 2013 16:19, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:

> So thinking really long term here. Can we build a "java layer" that
> provide all the rule functionality we need - but fit ontop of the java
> language neatly. We'd probably need to allow "rule" keyword and have it in
> Classes, at the method level. All class members and methods would be
> available to the rules in that class.

There is this production rule system where you can write your rules
embedded in compiling units, and alongside the legacy program units, of a
procedural, modular, strongly type HLL, and where you use expressions in
the language's own syntax in constraints...

We've been using it ever since 1986. Rabbi Akiva was right, wasn't he ;-)