[rules-users] Comparing KnowledgePackages for Equality

gqmulligan gqmulligan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:17:46 EDT 2013

If I wanted to compare two knowledge packages to find out if they are the
"same" how would I do so?
More specifically if I deserialize the same knowledge package twice how can
I compare the two in a way that will return true signifying they are the
same?

Using the equals method will not work since that simply does identity
comparisons.  This is causing big problems for me right now because
hibernate always thinks packages are dirty and is constantly updating them
to the database when they do not need to be.

Any suggestions are much appreciated as this has become an urgent issue.
Thanks.