[rules-users] Some Puzzles in planner

ge0ffrey ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri May 3 04:22:38 EDT 2013

erere121 wrote
> Hello every one ,I study the drool.plannar recently and both tried the
> planner 5.5 and planner 6.0(optaplanner) to solve my problem. I found
> something puzzles:
>
> 1 Is there any big difference between planner 5.5 and planner 6.0. I run
> the same process in both planner 5.5 and planner 6.0 with the same config,
> I find planner 5.5 gives the solution with 19hard broken while planner 6.0
> give the solution with 502hard broken !!!!!  I am not sure why it happens.
>
> 2 When I open the demo in optaplanner in eclipse, I find every
> "scoreHolder.addConstraintMatch(....);" have the error like this:The
> method addConstraintMatch(kcontext,..) in the type SimpleScoreHolder is
> not applicable for the arguments (RuleContext, int)", can anybody help me.
>
> 3 The problem has a solution which breaks no rules while both planner 5.5
> and 6.0 never found it using the tabu search and hill climb search. I
> wonder is it right or is there any other global search method in planner.

1. That should not happen. Turn on enviromentMode FAST_ASSERT to validate
you don't have any score corruption.
2. Sounds like your eclipse is using the wrong optaplanner-core jar on it's
classpath to compile
3. It could be that there's no feasible solution (= 0 hard constraints
broken) to your solution, but I 'd only start believing this if
environmentMode doesn't find any score corruption. If it's a really tiny
problem, you can use the configuration <bruteForce> to be 100% sure. (Note:
Tabu search currently doesn't automatically scale down to tiny problems (=
less than 10 planning entities), you have to manually lower the
planingEntityTabu configuration setting.