[rules-users] threw error java.lang.ClassCastException: org.drools.reteoo.FromNode$FromMemory cannot be cast to org.drools.reteoo.BetaMemory

mohdejaz74 mohdejaz74 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 08:44:09 EDT 2013

knowledge-api-5.5.0.Final.jar
knowledge-internal-api-5.5.0.Final.jar
drools-compiler-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
drools-core-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

4 times kb unlock/unlock is due to 4 objects inserted into session. After
5th insert it crashes. 5 objects are always inserted into session before
fireAllRules is invoked. It does'nt crash if no rule is added/updated.

RuleRunner inserts them - 5th object is the actual model object against
which all rules are run

http-8084-2 and 2967417 are same; i just rename thread once I've serialized
the model object to take the id.

I've noticed that the four times lock/unlock happens immediately after KB is
modified (ie. rule is removed and added).

General flow of RuleRunner is ...

read xml payload from HttpServletRequest

create model object from xml

set thread name to model.id

get lock on kba (kba is my wrapper class to control access to kb)

get stateful session

session.insert( obj1 )

session.insert( obj2 )

session.insert( obj3 )

session.insert( obj4 )

fact_handle = session.insert( model )

iterate through a list of agenda and set focus to agenda

sesssion.fireAllRules()

retract fact_handle from session

dispose session

release lock on kba