[rules-users] Using Java Rule Engine JSR-94

abhinay_agarwal abhinay_agarwal at infosys.com
Thu May 16 05:09:04 EDT 2013

Hey,

I read about JSR-94 and found it quite useful, so was trying to do a POC on
its usage. These are the steps which i followed.

1. Made a new java application.
2. Added the JSR-94 api jars in its build path.
3. Made a rule as myRuleFile.drl
4. Wrote a RuleAdapter class as shown in drools expert document Chapter 5.
The Java Rule Engine
API (JSR94).

But when i tried to run the piece of code, it kept giving me errors related
to Class missing related to drools.

Are are the drools jar required to run this example,if yes, then what is the
avantage of using jsr-94 api ?

If any specific jars, can you please list them out?

If I am doing anything wrong, then, can you please point me to the correct
direction.

Thanks,
Abhinay