[rules-users] Guvnor and DSL i18n

abluesongbird chris.redekop at gmail.com
Thu May 30 10:34:49 EDT 2013

Does Guvnor 5.5.0.Final provide i18n for created DSLs?  If not, might this be
an upcoming Guvnor 6 feature?

I have seen the i18n/l10n of Guvnor's main UI, via the locale parameter, and
this is great.  To fully support international customers, though, we need to
extend this to the the DSL that is authored by and presented to the user.
By i18n of the DSLs, I mean that

1. a single DSL can be expressed many times, once for each (supported)
locale,
2. each DSL expression is stored with its locale, and
3. the correct DSL expression is retrieved, based on the user's locale.

I don't see this in the UI or the documentation.  I did see this, though, in
the "Drools Introduction and General User Guide", under "4.7.1. Language
Expressiveness Enhancements":

"* Complete rewrite of DSL engine, allowing for full l10n"

This sounds intriguing, but I can find no other information online.